‘The Dirty Picture’ give good reponse by audience, Vidya Balan is glad

Saturday 10 December 20110 comments


Vidya Balan is glad with the response received for “The Dirty Picture” and also her parents did not find anything vulgar or cheap in her characterization of a sex symbol.
“I am feeling great. I am thankful to god as the film has got such a good opening. I got to know it has got 100 percent occupancy in single screen cinemas and 80-90 percent in multiplexes. I have just seen the reaction of people inside the theatre and I didn’t even know what to say. There have been certain reviews which are very positive and encouraging,” Vidya said after watching her movie in a theatre.
Vidya is especially happy with her parents’ response.
“My dad and mom said this film has nothing vulgar or cheap. They said they are proud of me as I have brought so much grace and dignity. I think whatever compliments I will get after this will be like bonus. That’s the best compliment,” she said.
“I think women should celebrate their body and not hide. Women should look like women, they should be curvacious. I don’t believe in size zero figure,” she said.
“I am a very emotional person at heart. I tend to connect with roles that touch my heart and soul. Every character of mine that I have essayed has taught me something new. It helps me to explore the new side of me. I like roles that are true and honest,” she said.
Vidya Balan said in the capital Saturday, attending the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit, “I had heard film industry is a big bad world, but I lead my world my way and on my own terms. I was very clear from the beginning and had made it a point that others also know that I was only and only interested in work and nothing more than that.”

The Dirty Picture released yesterday with approximately 1,500 prints, including the Hindi original and dubbed versions. The advance bookings hadn’t been too excellence earlier in the week, the film has registered almost 100% savings across single screens and multiplexes in different centres.
The advance bookings weren’t so vast, but since morning, the number of people coming on to watch the movie has been on an upswing. This film should make at least Rs – 70-75 crore across India, not counting the income from other sources.

‘The Dirty Picture’ film has been given an A certificate by the Censor Board, owing to a number of bold dialogue and sex scenes. But tradesmith Amod Mehra believes it won’t affect the film’s box office run.
Amod Mehra said, “It has everything to appeal to every socio-economic class and centre. Critics, single screen junta and the multiplex audience will lap it up. Those 10 %
conservative members of the audience won’t matter in this case. The sex scenes and dialogue are bold, not obscene. They are essential to the subject. It reminds me of Chetna (1970) which had enthralled audiences despite its bold content.”
The film has been directed by Milan Luthria and produced by Balaji Productions. It also features Naseeruddin Shah, Emran Hashmi and Tusshar Kapoor.
Share this article :
                                                       
   
    Share    
   

Widgets

   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. C4 Celebrities -Find the Latest Celebrity Gossip, News, Video ,Bikini,Hot Girls,Movies - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger